Thom Calabro explains features and benefits the new lenses offer
Wayne, N.J., April 16, 2012 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Optical Devices Division premiered a series of one to two minute videos featuring new lenses at the 2012 NAB Show today. The videos—featuring Thom Calabro, Director, Marketing and Product Development, FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Optical Devices Division – discuss the many features and benefits the new lenses offer and debut on Fujifilm’s Facebook and YouTube channels as follows:
- Monday, April 16, 2012: The new PL-90 Cabrio (ZK4.7×19) zoom lens, with an exclusive detachable servo drive unit, making it suitable for use as a standard PL lens or ENG-Style lens. With a 19-90mm focal range and weight of only 2.7kg including servo motors, it has the longest focal range available in a lightweight zoom.
- Tuesday, April 17, 2012: The new HA19x7.4 BERM/BERD 2/3-inch ENG/EFP lens lens with improved corner resolution and high-performance functionality for demanding television production applications.
- Wednesday, April 18, 2012: The new XA19x7.4 BESM-D8 box-style studio/field lens featuring focus breathing compensation, 16-bit encoders, and tally lights for high-end entertainment and news studio applications.
- Thursday, April 19, 2012: The new XA77x9.5 HDTV field lens, featuring patented OS TECH image stabilization ideal for shooting in windy conditions or on unstable platforms.
“The combination of video and social media is proving to be a great way to connect with our customers, especially the next-generation of professional cinematographers and those shooting on location,” explained Calabro. “Social media video allows us to educate our customers about the latest technology and capabilities built into our new lenses.”
The videos are available on demand as part of an on-going social media initiative launched in 2011. To view all press releases for NAB 2012 from the Optical Devices Division of FUJIFILM North America Corporation, please click on the link below:
FUJIFILM North America Corporation, a marketing subsidiary of FUJIFILM Holdings America Corporation consists of five operating divisions and one subsidiary company. The Imaging Division sells consumer and commercial photographic products and services including film, one-time-use cameras, online photo services and fulfillment, digital printing equipment and service. The Electronic Imaging Division markets consumer digital cameras. The Motion Picture Division provides motion picture film, and the Graphic Systems Division supplies products and services to the printing industry. The Optical Devices Division provides binoculars, and optical lenses for closed circuit television, videography, cinematography, broadcast and industrial markets. FUJIFILM Canada Inc. markets a range of Fujifilm products and services. For more information, please visit www.fujifilm.com/northamerica, or go to www.twitter.com/fujifilmus to follow Fujifilm on Twitter. To receive news and information direct from Fujifilm via RSS, subscribe at www.fujifilmusa.com/rss.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 16 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2010, and in the year ended March 31, 2011, had global revenues of $25.8 billion*. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
* At an exchange rate of 86 yen to the dollar.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
FUJIFILM Optical Devices Division, 10 High Point Drive, Wayne, New Jersey 07470. Phone: 973-633-5600. Fax: 973-633-5216. Web site:www.FUJINON.com