Oslo, Norway – March 28, 2011
T-VIPS, a global leader in professional video contribution and distribution solutions, today announced that it is to launch the TVG425 Transport Stream Gateway at NAB (Las Vegas Convention Centre, SU7807, April 11-14). This new product, which is based on an entirely new and advanced technology platform, has been developed in answer to high-level customer demand. The TVG425 is the newest member of the T-VIPS Video Gateway suite of compact, powerful and cost-effective products that are designed for the real-time contribution and distribution of video over IP networks.
TVG425 Transport Stream Gateway
The TVG425 is the result of long pioneering experience in video over IP solutions. The product has been designed for applications including professional broadcast contribution, distribution and live event coverage. Broadcasters, network operators and other video professionals will typically deploy the TVG425 for:
– Contribution and distribution of MPEG-2 transport streams
– Transport Stream interface adaptation (ASI, IP, SONET/SDH)
– IP-to-IP applications, such as multicast to unicast conversion and smallcasting, a critical feature for network operators who need to combine multicast and unicast IP connectivity
-Redundancy – output diversity on ASI and IP, as well as automatic input switching between redundant Transport Stream sources.
“As IP becomes pervasive throughout the professional video world, it’s more important than ever to provide products like the TVG425 Transport Stream Gateway that combine IP and video expertise to ensure that IP transport delivers the highest possible quality and answers the need for innovative workflows and improved business practices for broadcasters and video professionals,” said Johnny Dolvik, CEO, T-VIPS.
“A major reason for the success of the T-VIPS Video Gateway line is that our design philosophy takes a video-centric approach to IP video transport. As the industry moves increasingly to architectures based on islands of video expertise in a sea of IP, we find that customers increasingly need IP solutions, such as the TVG425, that are optimized for professional video transport,” concluded Dolvik.
Transport Stream Gateway Features
The TVG425 provides transparent handling of MPEG Transport Streams over ASI, IP/Ethernet and SONET/SDH. It includes advanced features such as input signal monitoring, flexible output diversity, dual network interfaces, input switching between redundant sources and bidirectional operation.
Key Features of the TVG425:
• Transmission of MPEG-2 Transport Streams (TS)
– Transmission of up to eight independent Transport Streams
– Output diversity (up to eight copies on ASI and 64 on IP)
– Input switching between redundant TS sources
– Bidirectional operation
– Fast and accurate locking of Transport Streams
– Integrated 1PPS/10MHz input for clock resynchronization (SFN operation).
• Flexible Transport Stream interfacing
– Support for DVB-ASI and MPEG-2 TS on IP
– Two Gigabit Ethernet interfaces for Transport Streams on IP
– IP multicast, unicast and multiple unicast (smallcast) support
– Optional support for Optical Gigabit Ethernet, Fiber and SONET OC-3 / SDH STM-1.
• Industry-leading support for IP video technologies
– IP wrapping of Transport Streams using SMPTE 2022-2
– Forward Error Correction according to SMPTE 2022-1
– Support for multiple VLANs (IEEE 802.1Q)
– IP QoS and VLAN CoS/802.1P for per-flow traffic priorization
– IP routing of management traffic between network interfaces.
• Transport Stream Monitoring
– ETSI TR 101 290 Priority 1 monitoring of all input signals
– Service and table listing for DVB and ATSC DTV signals.
• Input redundancy
– Automatic failover switching between redundant ASI and/or IP inputs.
• Best-in-class web-based user interface
– Simple and easy-to-use dynamic web-based graphical user interface
– SNMP and XML support for integration with 3rd party systems
– Out-of-band and in-band management on IP.
For further information: David Bramley, Platform PR, Tel: +44 (0)20 7486 4900, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
T-VIPS, a global leader in professional video transport solutions for contribution, distribution and Digital Terrestrial Television (DTT), offers a comprehensive portfolio of powerful, efficient and intelligent solutions for processing and transporting high-quality video. T-VIPS’ close involvement in video standards bodies, leadership in JPEG2000, expertise in IP and transport stream multiplexing, processing and monitoring results in state-of-the-art technology that makes complex TV network operations simpler and preserves the integrity of high-end video streams.
T-VIPS solutions are utilized in many demanding applications, including 1080/60p, 3DTV, alternative content for digital cinema, live HD sports and news back-haul, and the transport of HDTV programming over IP networks. T-VIPS is leading the IP-based video network revolution by empowering high-profile network operators, broadcasters and post-production customers in over 50 countries with innovative solutions that deliver significant operational and financial benefits. The privately-held company is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with Americas’ headquarters in New Jersey. For further information, visit: www.t-vips.com